- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saumon En Croute Recipe
|Salmon steak||2 Pound, skinned, boned, wash and dried|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced or squeezed|
|Fresh spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm), stems removed, washed and spin dried.|
|Whole mushrooms||6 Ounce, stalks removed and reserved|
|Peppercorns||1⁄2 Ounce, crushed|
|Black bean paste||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Puff pastry sheets||2 , unbaked|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
Calories 550 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.3%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.9 mg
Sodium 600.1 mg25%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 39 g77.5%
Vitamin A 35.6% Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Grease the baking sheet and set aside.
3) In a bowl, place the salmon and cover with lemon juice, and set aside.
4) Chop spinach and mushroom stems coarsely.
5) In a bowl, place the spinach mixture and toss with peppercorns.
6) Smear the bean paste on 1 side of each pastry sheet, leaving a 1-inch margin on all sides.
7) Line the baking sheet with 1 pastry sheet, bean paste side up.
8) In the center of pastry sheet make a nest with the spinach mixture.
9) Arrange the salmon on spinach and top with mushroom caps.
10) Wrap with other pastry sheet, bean side down.
11) Press the edges of pastry to seal, and trim excess pastry.
12) Decorate using excess strips.
13) Using a sharp knife make slits across the top of the dough and glaze with egg.
14) Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
15) Serve Saumon En Croute hot with small mixed salad if desired.