- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Beef rump/Bottom roast||3 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), cut in half|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Marinade||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream/Plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4206 Calories from Fat 2257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 264 g406.6%
Saturated Fat 49.8 g248.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 216.4 mg
Sodium 6023.7 mg251%
Total Carbohydrates 170 g56.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.8%
Sugars 116.1 g
Protein 292 g584.2%
Vitamin A 54.6% Vitamin C 57%
Calcium 45.6% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season meat rubbed with cut garlic surface using pepper and salt.
2. Take a large glass or ceramic dish, place the meat and sprinkle cloves, celery and onion.
3. In a saucepan, prepare a mixture of water, sugar and vinegar, keep on medium heat and bring to boil.
4. Pour on seasoned meat, allow to cool, cover and refrigerate for about 48 hours, turning once or twice in 24 hours for even marinating.
5. Drain the meat, strain the reserve and keep aside. Pat the drained meat to dry.
6. Place a 3 quart heavy pan on medium to high heat, add butter and melt it. Add the meat and allow to turn evenly brown. Pour the reserved marinade on the meat, lower the heat to simmer, cover and cook for about 2 ¾ hours to turn meat to fork tender. Transfer to serving platter.
7. Keep aside 1 ¾ cup marinade for sauce preparation. Allow meat to stand for 10 minutes.
8. Take a saucepan, on low heat, melt brown sugar till it starts caramelizing. Slowly add marinade and water. Take off from heat and add sour cream. Adjust seasoning, if required.
9. Transfer thinly slice meat to serving platter, drizzle some sauce over meat and serve, while passing rest of the sauce.