- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saucy Pork and Peppers Recipe
|62% less sodium soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Fresh parsley sprigs||3|
|Pork tenderloin||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, each cut into 8 pieces|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, each cut into 8 pieces and seeded|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, each cut into 8 pieces|
|Green bell pepper||1 Large, each cut into 8 pieces|
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.1 mg
Sodium 263.4 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 18 g35.1%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 111.2%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take out of the peel from limes using vegetable peeler and squeeze juice from limes.
2. Take a small bowl and combine lime juice and peel, soy sauce, garlic, oregano leaves, thyme leaves, cayenne pepper, parsley and bay leaf and blend well.
3. In plastic bag or nonmetal bowl place the pork cubes.
4. Spread the marinade mixture over pork, turning to coat.
5. Seal bag or cover dish and let it marinate at least 2 hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning pork several times.
6. Take out the lime peel, parsley sprigs and bay leaf from marinade and discard.
7. Take the pork from marinade, reserving marinade.
8. Drain pork well.
9. In a large skillet over high heat heat oil.
10. Put in brown sugar and stir until sugar is brown and bubbly.
11. Put in pork cubes letting it cook and stir about 5 minutes or until pork is browned.
12. Lowering the heat to low add onions, tomatoes, peppers and reserved marinade and let it simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until pork is tender.