- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saucy MeatLoaf Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Beef flavor instant bouillon/3 beef-flavor bouillon cubes||1 Tablespoon (Wyler's Brand)|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato spaghetti sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
Calories 287 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.6 mg
Sodium 1135.4 mg47.3%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 28 g55.7%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 21.4%
Calcium 4% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Use a 2-piece meat loaf pan or line a loaf pan (9-X5-X3-inch) with foil.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F (170 degree C)
3. In a cup, dissolve the instant bouillon in boiling water.
4. In a large bowl, combine the meat with the bouillon, crumbs, catsup, onion and peppers and mix thoroughly breaking up the lumps.
5. Add the egg.
6. Tip the bowl and mix thoroughly but lightly using a fork.
7. Shape into a loaf and place into prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake in hot oven for 1 hours.
9. Drain the drippings into a saucepan.
10. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and heat through.
11. Remove the loaf from the pan, into a baking pan.
12. Pour the sauce over the meatloaf and return to the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes.
13. Slice and serve the Saucy MeatLoaf with mash potatoes and sautÃ©ed vegetables on the side.