- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saucy Fish Fillets With Beer Recipe
|Fish fillets||1 Pound|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can / Bottle)|
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Celery stalk||1 , cut into chunks|
|Minced fresh parsley/1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.8%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 184.2 mg
Sodium 619.5 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 23 g45.1%
Vitamin A 19.7% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven 300°F.
2) Thaw frozen fish.
3) In a skillet add beer, onion, celery, parsley, salt and pepper and boil.
4) Gently add fish and cook covered simmering for 8 to 10 minutes till fish flakes.
5) Drain out the fish and place in deep platter.
6) Put in oven to keep warm.
7) Boil the cooking liquid for 5 minutes till reduced and strain.
8) Beat egg yolks with cream in top of double boiler.
9) Gently add 1/2 cup hot strained cooking liquid and stir into it.
10) Cook the mixture over boiling water, stirring constantly till thick.
11) Make small pieces of butter and add each at a time to the sauce.
12) Pour the sauce over fish.
13) Serve hot.