- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saucy Crispy Whiting Recipe
|Whiting fillets||4 Large|
|Plain flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Egg||1 , beaten lightly|
|Dried white breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole grain mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet red pepper||7 Ounce (1 Can)|
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.3%
Saturated Fat 8 g40%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118 mg
Sodium 271.7 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 22 g43.5%
Vitamin A 57.5% Vitamin C 127.1%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Coat each fillet with flour, dip in beaten and coat uniformly with breadcrumbs. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized wok, melt butter.
4. Once hot, add crumbed fillets and fry on both side till evenly cooked and golden brown in colour.
5. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
6. In the same wok, add peppers and sautÃ© for few seconds.
7. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil.
8. Place fried fish on a platter. Top with warm sauce and serve immediately.