- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saucy Asparagus Spears Recipe
|Fresh asparagus/Frozen asparagus spears - 2 packages, 10 ounce each||2 Pound (1 Bunch)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Crumbled basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Medium, peeled, finely chopped|
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.7%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.2 mg
Sodium 174.7 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 27.9% Vitamin C 21.3%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and slice the asparagus.
2. Take a deep saucepan and place the asparagus. Add boiling water to a depth of about an inch and cover the pan.
3. Cook for 15 minutes or until crisply soft or cook the frozen asparagus.
4. In the meantime, take a small heavy saucepan and mix together mayonnaise or salad dressing, lemon juice, basil and pepper.
5. Heat while stirring constantly until the mixture is warm.
6. Remove the saucepan from heat and add chopped tomatoes.
7. Heat serving plates and place the asparagus spears.
8. Spoon sauce over and serve hot.