- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saucisson En Brioche Recipe
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||2 Tablespoon (Warm)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Ounce, softened (1 Stick)|
|Garlic sausage||2 Pound (Coteghini)|
|Egg||1 , beaten with 1 tablespoon water|
|Parsley sprigs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Madeira sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1282 Calories from Fat 869
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.2%
Saturated Fat 41.5 g207.3%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 402.1 mg
Sodium 2379 mg99.1%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 49 g97.7%
Vitamin A 34% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 34.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl with warm milk, sprinkle over the yeast to soften.
2) In a bowl sift the flour, sugar and salt together; add 2 eggs and the softened yeast, knead all ingredients together into a smooth mixture.
3) Mix in the butter until the dough is thoroughly mixed, shape into a ball and make a deep crosswise incision on top of the dough.
4) In a bowl, sprinkled with flour, cover the dough with a towel and allow to rise in a warm place, until it has doubled in bulk; punch down the dough, cover and chill overnight.
5) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
6) In a pan, place the sausage in cold water, cook over a low heat for 45 to 60 minutes; allow to cool, cover and refrigerate.
7) Turn out the dough on a floured board and roll into about 1/4 inch thick rectangle.
8) Skin and place the sausage in the center of the dough. Gather the dough around the sausage without stretching and lightly pinch the edges of the dough together, press dough cut outs on top.
9) On a lightly buttered baking sheet, place the roll, then brush the top and sides with the egg and water mixture.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until the brioche is golden brown.
11) Allow the roll rest for about 5 minutes and remove it on a warm serving platter with a broad spatula.
12) Garnish with the parsley, slice and serve alongwith the madeira sauce in a warmed sauceboat.