- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauce Normande Recipe
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, washed and sliced|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Fish stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (reserved)|
|Dry white wine/Cider||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , slightly beaten|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1183 Calories from Fat 810
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141.5%
Saturated Fat 54.3 g271.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 633.7 mg
Sodium 446.7 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 25 g49.2%
Vitamin A 66.7% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, melt butter.
2. Add mushrooms, and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in between occasionally.
3. Remove pan from heat. Add flour to pan and mix until smooth.
4. Add reserved fish stock and wine.
5. Place the pan over heat, and cook over medium heat till the mixture boils. Stir constantly so that the ingredients do not stick.
7. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
8. In medium bowl, combine egg yolks and cream. Using a spoon mix well.
9. Add hot mushroom mixture. Stir. Pour the ingredients back to saucepan. Cook for several minutes till the mixture thickens.
10. Add shrimp. Boil again.
12. Reduce heat. Simmer for 2 -3 minutes till the shrimps are tender.
13. Drain excess liquid.
14. Serve Sauce Normande hot or cold.