- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauce Bourgogne Recipe
|Beef stock||6 Tablespoon|
|Red burgundy||6 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaf||1 , crushed|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 495 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.2%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.8 mg
Sodium 1374.3 mg57.3%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 17.1 g68.5%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 16 g32.1%
Vitamin A 70.9% Vitamin C 74.5%
Calcium 63.6% Iron 66.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) 1) In a bowl, prepare beurre manie by kneading the flour in butter into a paste.
2) Chop the bacon into 1/2-inch cubes.
3) Preheat an 8-inch browning dish for 4 minutes on HIGH.
4) In the preheated dish, place onions, bacon cubes and microwave covered for 2 minutes. Toss around the bacon midway through.
5) Next, add in peppercorns, bay leaf, sage leaves, beef stock, wine and microwave covered for 2 minutes.
6) Add in the beurre manie and mix it in well with the sauce.
7) Cover and microwave 2 minutes, stirring in between.
8) The Sauce Bourgogne can be served during the starter as well as the main course round.
Avoid oil splatters while microwaving bacon by covering the dish with a couple of paper towels.