- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauce Bourgogne Recipe
|Rinded green bacon||4 Ounce|
|Button onions/Pickling onions||12|
|Beef stock/Veal stock||6 Tablespoon|
|Red burgundy||6 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaf||1 , crushed|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 810.8 mg33.8%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.9%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 20 g39.5%
Vitamin A 146.1% Vitamin C 148.8%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) 1) In a bowl, prepare beurre manie by kneading the flour in butter into a paste.
2) Chop the bacon into 1/2-inch cubes.
3) Preheat an 8-inch browning dish for 4 minutes on HIGH.
4) In the preheated dish, place onions, bacon cubes and microwave covered for 2 minutes. Toss around the bacon midway through.
5) Next, add in peppercorns, bay leaf, sage leaves, beef stock, wine and microwave covered for 2 minutes.
6) Add in the beurre manie and mix it in well with the sauce.
7) Cover and microwave 2 minutes, stirring in between.
8) The Sauce Bourgogne can be served during the starter as well as the main course round.
Avoid oil splatters while microwaving bacon by covering the dish with a couple of paper towels.