- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saturday Chefs - Vegan Tacos with Heirloom-Style Tomatoes Recipe Video
|Corn tortilla||200 Gram (crispy or soft, about 2-3 per person)|
|Heirloom tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), chop (Symphony heirloom-style tomatoes)|
|Ripe avocado||3 , smashed with seasoned salt, olive oil, and ground black pepper|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice (Maestro red sweet bell pepper)|
|Yellow bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice (Maestro yellow sweet bell pepper)|
|Flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Chopped grilled scallions||2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh lemon juice||To Taste|
|Olive oil||To Taste|
|Pickle hot pepper||To Taste|
|For pickled hot peppers|
|Hot pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slice (Gusto hot pepper)|
|White wine vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raddish||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
Calories 726 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.5%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7972.7 mg332.2%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g34.9%
Dietary Fiber 20.4 g81.8%
Sugars 49.5 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 93.5% Vitamin C 219.5%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, combine vinegar, salt, and honey. Place the pan on flame and bring it to a boil.
2. Pour the mixture over peppers and let it cool overnight.
For Vegan Taco:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine heirloom tomato, smashed avocado, red and yellow pepper.
2. Drop parsley, pickled pepper, and scallions in it.
3. Add salt, black pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil. Mix well.
4. Fill taco shells with avocado mixture and serve immediately with radish garnish.