- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saturday Chefs - Roasted Scallops with Adagio Eggplant Purée & Salsa Verde Recipe Video
|For eggplant and roasted garlic puree|
|Eggplant||4 , cut in quarter lengthwise (Adagio eggplants)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste|
|Sliced green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For grape tomato and mini cucumber salsa verde|
|Salsa verde||7 Ounce|
|Cucumber||2 , thinly sliced (Fresco mini cucumber)|
|Grape tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), halved (Concerto grape tomatoes)|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Scallops||18 (2-3 per person)|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon (Leveled) (or use roasted garlic oil as needed)|
|Red pepper||3 (Maestro sweet bell pepper)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Fresh lemon||1 , wedged|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 0.97 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.7 mg9.2%
Sodium 263.9 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.6%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 19 g37.8%
Vitamin A 56.6% Vitamin C 176.3%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2. With a piece of aluminum foil, wrap the garlic head.
3. Cut eggplant lengthwise into quarters and season it with salt, olive oil, and cracked pepper.
4. Place the garlic in oven and roast for 30-40 minutes.
5. Pop eggplant in the same oven and roast for about 30 minutes or until nice and tender.
6. Squeeze and remove and skin from garlic. Scrape out flesh from eggplant.
7. In blender, drop eggplant, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and green onion. Puree well.
For Grape Tomato and Mini Cucumber Salsa Verde:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine cucumber, grape tomatoes, and salsa Verde. Mix well.
2. Sprinkle cilantro on top and set it aside.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degree.
3. Place sweet bell pepper in warm oven overnight or until dry. Puree with coarse sea salt.
4. Place a pan on flame and pour canola oil in it.
5. Season scallops with canola oil and dehydrated sweet bell pepper.
6. Drop scallops in pan and let it sear for about 2 minutes per side.
7. Garnish with cilantro, lemon wedge and serve scallops with warm eggplant puree and salsa.