- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saturday Chefs - Medley Salad Rolls Recipe Video
|For ginger lime dipping sauce|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Thai fish sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Sweet chili sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Hot pepper||1⁄2 , thinly sliced (Gusto hot pepper) (Optional)|
|For salad rolls|
|Small rice noodles||100 Gram (1/2 packet)|
|Rice paper sheets||8 Large|
|Rotisserie chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, shredded|
|Fresh cooked shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter lettuce leaves||100 Gram (8 leaves)|
|Grape tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved (Concerto gold grape tomatoes)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , thinly sliced (Fresco seedless cucumber)|
|Sweet pepper||1 , seeded, thinly sliced (Maestro sweet bell pepper)|
|Spring onion||2 , thinly sliced|
|Salted peanuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chop|
|Fresh mint||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), torn|
|Fresh thai basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), torn|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1070 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.2%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.8 mg53.3%
Sodium 5525.8 mg230.2%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 103 g206.3%
Vitamin A 65.1% Vitamin C 108.8%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl combine lime juice, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, sweet chili sauce, and hot pepper. Mix well.
For Salad Rolls:
2. Boil a kettle full of water.
3. In a large bowl, soak rice noodles in boiling water, covered for about 5-7 minutes.
4. Drain and rinse noodles with cold water. Set it aside.
5. Fill ¾ of a large baking dish with boiling water. Gently place a rice paper in hot water until soften.
6. Remove it from water, and lay it on cotton tea towel to blot.
7. Place butter lettuce in the middle of the wrapper.
8. Top it with sweet bell pepper, grape tomatoes, cucumber, shrimp, chicken, rice noodles, peanut, and spring onion.
9. Sprinkle basil, mint, and cilantro on top.
10. Roll wrapper tightly as shown in the video. Place roll on a platter, cover with damp cloth and repeat for the remaining wrappers.
11. Cut roll lengthwise and serve it with ginger dipping sauce.
You can make rolls ahead of time, wrap it with damp towel and place it in refrigerator. Rolls will remain fresh for a couple of days in refrigerator.
You can eliminate chicken and shrimp to make vegetarian salad roll.