- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sasha's Apple Crab Cocktail Recipe
|Granny smith apples||2 , cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (Juice Of 2 Lemons)|
|Crabmeat||1 Pound (Jumbo Lump, Picked Over For Shell And Cartilage)|
|Chopped fresh dill||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Snipped fresh chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly grounded|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 , finely grated|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||2 , cored, seeded, and cut into 1/8-inch dice|
|Fresh chives||2 Teaspoon, snipped|
Calories 182 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.5 mg
Sodium 551.4 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 11 g21.6%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 38.9%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, toss diced apples in lemon juice in a bowl to prevent discoloration.
2. Drain the apples and pat them dry with paper towels.
3. In another bowl, take crabmeat.
4. Add dry apple pieces to the crabmeat.
5. Add dill, chives, salt, and pepper.
6. Toss gently to combine.
7. For the garnish, toss together the tomatoes and chives.
8. In a large mixing bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, and mustard.
9. Add the salad and gently fold the dressing into the salad with a rubber spatula, being careful not to break up the crab too much.
10. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.
11. Divide and serve salad in 8 large wine-glasses.
12. Garnish with tomato and chive mixture.
13. Top with a sprig of dill atop each portion.