- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sardine Stacks Recipe
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Vienna bread slice||12|
|Hard cooked eggs||6 , shelled and sliced|
|Canned sardines||15 Ounce, drained (3 Cans, About 5 Ounces Each)|
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 300.7 mg
Sodium 802.1 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 24 g48.6%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise or salad dressing, lemon juice and chili sauce and whisk lightly until well blended.
2. Chill if not using immediately
3. Spread mayonnaise or dressing spread on one side of all the bread slices.
4. Arrange slices, spread side up on clean work counter.
5. On each of 6 bread slices, layer egg slices, slightly overlapping them
6. Top with sardines and lettuce.
7. Close sandwiches with remaining slices of bread.
8. Cut each sandwich diagonally into half and serve right away or wrap incling film, foil or wax paper and chill