- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sardine Pizza Recipe
|Canned sardines in oil||7 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 3 3/4 Ounce Each)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Pizza topping sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Prepared)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 322 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.1%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.6 mg16.5%
Sodium 535.3 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 17 g34.3%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 55.2% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven to 400°.
2) Take a bowl and sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into it.
3) Cut butter to this mixture.
4) Pour in milk and mix well to make soft, but non-sticky dough.
5) Make a circle by rolling out the dough on a floured surface.
6) Use this to line an 8-inch loose-bottomed pie plate.
7) Pour the sauce over the base to a 1/2 inch of the edge.
8) Top with sardines and then with cheese.
9) Cook in the oven for 20 minutes till the pizza is risen and golden brown.
10) Serve immediately.