- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sardine Buns Recipe
|Processed american cheese||1⁄4 Pound, cubed|
|Hard cooked eggs||5 , chopped|
|Sardines||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained, mashed|
|Green pepper||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Stuffed olives||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Pickle relish||2 Tablespoon, drained|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hamburger buns||6 , split and buttered|
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 263
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.2%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 266.2 mg
Sodium 965.6 mg40.2%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 16 g31.2%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients except the buns, and stir to mix thoroughly.
2. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the mixture (4 tablespoons) on the base of each bun and cover with the top, slightly pressing down to secure.
3. Arrange buns on a plastic rack or on paper towels in the microwave, 4 at a time, and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until heated through
4. Let the buns rest for 1 minute.
5. Alternatively, if you want to carry it with you, wrap each bun in wax paper and just before eating, heat in the microwave for 2 minutes.
6. Serve the buns hot and cheesy.