- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sarah'S Lasagna Recipe
|Tomato/Your favorite purchased brand||3 Cup (48 tbs), roasted|
|Lasagna noodles||12 , cooked according to package directions and drained (1 Package)|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, coarsely grated (nonfat or part-skim)|
|Ricotta cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs) (nonfat or part-skim)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), freshly grated|
Calories 459 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.5%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g98.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116 mg
Sodium 666.3 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 32 g64.3%
Vitamin A 43.4% Vitamin C 30.2%
Calcium 70.3% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderately to 350°F
2) Take a 13x9-inch baking dish and spread about 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce at the base.
3) Over the sauce arrange four of the lasagna noodles in one layer, overlapping slightly.
4) On top of the noodles, spread one-third of the remaining tomato sauce and one-third of the mozzarella on top of the sauce, one-half of the ricotta on top of the mozzarella and one third of the Parmesan on top of the ricotta.
5) Follow the same procedure for the next layer.
6) When making the last layer, spread the remaining sauce on top of the noodles, the remaining mozzarella on top of the sauce, and the remaining Parmesan on top of the mozzarella.
7) Put lasagna in the preheated oven for 40 minutes and cook till bubbly and heated through.
8) Serve hot.