- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sanzoku-Yaki (Large Fried Chicken) Recipe Video
|Chicken thigh meat with skin||300 Gram|
|For the seasoning|
|Grated garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Potato starch||2 Tablespoon (Katakuriko)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Cup (64 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Cabbage leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), torn|
Calories 827 Calories from Fat 657
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.3%
Saturated Fat 13 g65.1%
Trans Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 115.1 mg
Sodium 760.4 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 27 g53.6%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 22.8%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove unwanted fat but leave the skin of chicken (because the skin makes the chicken crispier).
2. For the marinade: In a bowl, mix together grated garlic, ginger juice, soy sauce, honey, salt and black pepper. Mix together.
3. Add the chicken and marinate for 10 minutes.
4. Drain well and coat with katakuriko (potato starch).
5. Deep fry in oil at 160C (320F) for 7 minutes (flip the chicken once or twice). Then turn to 180C (356F) and cook for about 1 minute until crisp golden brown.
6. Slice the chicken into bite-size pieces.
7. Serve with torn cabbage leaves and mayonnaise.