- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Santa Fe Tilapia Recipe Video
|Tilapia fillets||1 Pound|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Rotel tomatoes||1⁄2 Can (5 oz)|
|Salt||2 Dash (to taste)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 842 Calories from Fat 489
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.9%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.3 mg
Sodium 1579.1 mg65.8%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 80 g160.8%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 31.1%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 0.95%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan over medium heat, add the garlic, rotel tomatoes, mayonnaise together.
2) Stir the ingredients and then squeeze in the lime juice.
3) When the mixture starts bubbling, add the tilapia fillets and sprinkle with a little salt to taste.
4) Cover the pan with a lid, and allow to cook for about 6 to 8 minutes.
5) Gently flip over the fillets with a fork or spatula and sprinkle with a little salt to taste.
6) Allow the fillets to cook uncovered for another 2 to 3 minutes until done.
7) Serve the Santa Fe Tilapia immediately with some Spinach and Mushroom Wild Rice.