- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Santa Fe Style Open Enchiladas with Fried Eggs Recipe
|Muenster cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
|Spanish onion||1 Large|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Approximately)|
|6 inch corn tortillas||12 (Preferably Blue Corn Variety)|
|Red chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Romaine lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), torn into 2-inch pieces|
|Leaf lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), torn into 2-inch pieces|
Calories 420 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 134.2 mg
Sodium 334 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 27.1% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 28.1% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderately to 250 degrees.
2) Shred Muenster and Cheddar cheese to measure 1 cup each.
3) Chop onion finely.
4) Halve tomatoes.
5) Halve cherry tomatoes.
5) In small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
6) Place paper towels on the platter and place 4 heatproof dinner plates in oven.
7) Bring oil to smoking point, lightly fry tortillas each at a time for about 10 seconds. Do not let tortillas become crisp.
8) Arrange tortillas to platter, placingg tortillas between towels. Cover platter loosely with foil and place in oven. Reserve oil in skillet.
9) Take out dinner plates and tortillas from oven and increase oven temperature to 350 degrees.
10) To tack up enchiladas, place small quantity of sauce on each plate and top with a tortilla.
11) Add some sauce on the tortilla, spoon mixed cheeses on top and sprinkle onion. Place another tortilla on top and layer with toppings.
12) Place plates in oven for about 5 minutes.
13) In a skillet fry eggs 1 at a time. Place fried egg on each enchilada.
14) Decorate with lettuce and 2 cherry tomato halves. Serve sauce separately if required.