- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Santa Fe Pasta Recipe
|Dried pasta||8 Ounce, cooked, drained and kept warm|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (About 6 Onions)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves||8 Ounce, cut into 2-inch strips (About 2 Breast Halves)|
|Green bell pepper strips||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 Large Sized)|
|Red bell pepper strips||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 Large Sized)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Low fat evaporated milk||12 Fluid Ounce (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.7%
Saturated Fat 0.71 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.9 mg
Sodium 411.3 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.6%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 27 g54.1%
Vitamin A 31.4% Vitamin C 21.4%
Calcium 27.9% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use a large skillet, to heat oil over medium-high heat.
2) Sauté green onions and garlic by constant stirring for 1 to 2 minutes.
3) Fold in chicken, bell peppers, salt, chili powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper to cook by stirring occasionally for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
4) In a small bowl, add small amount of evaporated milk and cornstarch to combine.
5) Add the mixture to skillet.
6) Gradually stir in remaining evaporated milk and cilantro.
7) Cook the mixture over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened.
8) In a bowl, arrange cooked pasta and serve the mixture on top.