- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Santa Clara Prune Whip Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon, rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Junior prunes||16 Ounce (2 Jars, 8 Ounces Each)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.7%
Saturated Fat 0.63 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 46.1 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.2%
Sugars 46 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until foamy, gradually beat in the sugar until firm peaks are formed.
3) Beat in the lemon rind and juice, then fold in the prunes and 1/4 cup walnuts.
4) In a buttered 8-cup baking dish, pour the mixturte and sprinkle over rest of the walnuts.
5) Place the dish in a baking pan on the oven shelf, fill the pan with 1 inch water.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or just until firm in center.
7) Serve warm in the individual serving bowls.