- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Island Sandwich with Chicken and Greens Recipe Video
|Ripe peaches||3 Large, thinly sliced|
|Bananas||2 , sliced|
|Raspberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Granulated white sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whiskey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (More Can Be Used For Stronger Flavor)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Bread pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (6 Pieces)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3155 Calories from Fat 1043
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g182.1%
Saturated Fat 66.6 g333.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1046.3 mg348.8%
Sodium 573.2 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 442 g147.4%
Dietary Fiber 37.5 g150%
Sugars 361.3 g
Protein 37 g73.4%
Vitamin A 116.5% Vitamin C 224.9%
Calcium 45% Iron 46.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan add 2 cups brown sugar, ½ cup soy sauce, ½ cup of pineapple juice, ½ cup whiskey and bring to boil.
2. Add a pound of chicken breast and 1 ½ pounds of chicken thighs into the pan. Let this poach for 45 minutes on simmer.
3. For the coleslaw: Add 1 cup low fat mayonnaise, 1 packet of ranch mix, ¾ cup pineapple juice, ¼ cup half and half milk and blend.
4. In a salad dressing bottle, mix up 12 ounces of honey mustard with the coleslaw sauce mix.
5. Add the cabbage mix in a bowl and add ¼ cup of the coleslaw dressing and mix.
6. Add ½ cup of cooked bacon to the bowl and mix and set aside in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
7. Remove the poached chicken from the cooking pan and shred it.
8. Simmer the sauce and let it thicken.
9. Grill the bread on both sides till brown.
10. Grill a slice of pineapple on both sides.
11. Put a portion of the shredded chicken on the toasted bread.
12. Add a grilled pineapple on top of the shredded chicken
13. Add the coleslaw on top of the grilled pineapple and close with the second piece of toasted bread.
14. Serve with a portion of coleslaw or crisps.