- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sandra's Pomegranate Salad Recipe Video
|Arugula||2 Bunch (200 gm), torn|
|Pears||2 Large, halved, cored and cut into wedges (ripe)|
|Pomegranate||1 Large, seeded|
|Feta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled (Optional)|
|Pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), toasted, chopped|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Bibb lettuce/Boston lettuce||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.1 mg
Sodium 418.2 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 28.4% Vitamin C 25.4%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large salad bowl, place arugula and pears, and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil and mustard, until well combined.
3. Drizzle just enough dressing over arugula and pears mixture to coat, season with salt and pepper and toss well.
4. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top, add cheese and pecans, if using and toss to mix.
5. Serve immediately in a plate or salad bowl lined with Boston or bibb lettuce leaves.
You can sprinkle shaved Parmesan over the salad if desired.