- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Moussaka Recipe Video
|Fresh tomato||3 Medium, divided (1 1/2- diced; 1 1/2- sliced)|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced, sauteed|
|Eggplant||3 Medium, sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Bell pepper||1 Large, sliced, roasted|
|Feta cheese||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 107 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.4 mg
Sodium 131.5 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.4%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 65.8%
Calcium 6% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil and broil them till golden brown. Set aside.
2. Prepare the other ingredients according to the list.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
4. In a deep baking dish, put tomatoes at the bottom in a layer.
5. Top it with sautéed sliced onions. Place the eggplant slices over it to form the 3rd layer.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle fresh oregano and thyme.
7. Repeat the same layers from tomatoes. As the last layer along with the eggplant also place tomato slices and roasted bell pepper slices.
8. Sprinkle with feta cheese on top and place it in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and refrigerate it after cooling till served.
10. In a serving plate, serve this dish either warm or cold garnished with more feta cheese. Traditionally Moussaka is served cold.
To make this dish vegan, omit the feta cheese.