- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Date Bars Recipe Video
|For the crust|
|White sorghum flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hazelnut flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dates||8 Ounce, chopped|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|White sorghum flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 Medium, lightly beaten|
Calories 463 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.9 mg
Sodium 231 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.7%
Sugars 32.1 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, mix the crust flour, water till soft.
3. Spread it on an 8X8 baking dish and press it down with fingers.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
5. Reheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
6. In a bowl, mix dates, walnuts, flour, salt, brown sugar, baking soda, egg and vanilla. Mix well till combined.
7. Take the baked crust and spread the date’s mixture over it. Tap the dish so that the mixture settles down evenly.
8. Place it in the oven and bake for 35 minutes or till the knife comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven and allow complete cooling for 4 hours.
10. Place it in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight before cutting.
11. In a serving plate, place the date bar slices and serve it with after dinner or in a party