- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
San Marco's Chili Pepper Penne Salad Recipe
|Chili pepper penne rigate||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Diced avocado||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Large)|
|Julienned red onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Anaheim chilies||1 Cup (16 tbs), seeded, sliced|
|Diced tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Large)|
|Sliced cucumber||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), peeled, seeded|
|Light soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 835 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.7%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 292 mg
Sodium 2421.5 mg100.9%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g32.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.4%
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 42 g83.9%
Vitamin A 49.9% Vitamin C 68%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 44.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a pan add water and cook the pasta as per directions on the package.
2. Take a colander, add the pasta when al dente and rinse with cold water such that it is cool to touch.
3. In a large mixing bowl add the pasta well after draining well.
4. Add all the vegetables to the pasta, then toss and set aside.
5. Take a separate mixing bowl and whisk together soy sauce, lime juice, oil, vinegar and spices such that they mix well.
6. Over pasta and vegetables pour the salad dressing, toss well and serve.