- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Samosas Plain Recipe
|Refined flour||500 Gram|
|Green chilies||30 Gram|
|Mustard seeds||5 Gram|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Turmeric||1 Pinch (A Small Pinch)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Calories 186 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.4%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.9 mg
Sodium 780.1 mg32.5%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 27.6%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Set aside, covered, for at least half an hour.
3. Boil potatoes in their jackets. Peel and chop into small pieces.
4. Chop green chillies and onions finely.
5. Heat about 50 ml. of oil. Add mustard seeds. As they crackle, add potatoes, turmeric, chopped onions, green chillies and salt.
6. Mix well over fire. Add lime juice and remove.
7. Knead dough well. Divide dough into small portions. Roll out each portion to a round about 7.5 cm. (3") in diameter.
8. Cut down the centre. Make a cone of each portion. Put in pre-pared filling.
9. Seal edges with water.
10. Fry in deep fat till light brown.