- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Samosa Pie or Samosa Casserole or Baked Samosa Recipe Video
|For the filling|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped, divided (2 tablespoons to be added along with onions and 2 tablespoons for the granish)|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Boiled and mashed potato||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), boiled and mashed|
|Frozen green peas/Fresh green peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Coriander seeds/Coriander powder||1 Tablespoon, roasted|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
|Poha||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
|Crumbled paneer||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
Calories 398 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.39 mg
Sodium 354.8 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 116.2% Vitamin C 27.6%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Butter spray
1. Preheat the oven at 425 F.
To prepare the filling:
2. Take a large pan, heat it with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Add the cumin seeds, onions, cilantro and stir for a couple of minutes till the onions turn golden brown.
3. Add the ginger paste, garlic paste, green chili paste, boiled and mashed potatoes and carrots. Stir well.
4. Add the green peas, salt, roasted coriander seeds, crushed red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, turmeric powder, lime juice and sprinkle some cilantro. Stir well and turn off the heat.
To prepare the pie:
5. Take a baking dish and spray the bottom with some butter spray and place the pie crust firmly into the dish.
6. Spread the filling inside the pie crust and press it firmly with the help of the spatula.
7. Place the second pie crust over this and press down firmly, sealing the edges. Score the surface to help the steam to escape and also spray using the butter spray to prevent the surface of the pie from drying.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Slice and serve warm.