- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Samosa- Indo Mexican - Fusion Recipe Video
|Flour tortillas||4 Medium|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon (To make the paste for sealing edges)|
|Water||3 Tablespoon (Use as required to make the paste)|
|For the filling|
|Refried beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Corn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Red onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Green olives||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Taco seasoning mix||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cheese||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.6 mg1.5%
Sodium 725 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 27.6% Vitamin C 13.9%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Butter spray
1. To prepare the filling, take a bowl and mix together refried beans, black beans, corn, cooked rice, chopped green bell pepper, red onions, tomatoes, freshly chopped cilantro, green olives, and green onions.
2. Also add taco seasoning mix, paprika, some lime juice, salt to taste, brown sugar and some shredded cheese.
3. Mix all the ingredients well and set aside.
4. Take the flour tortillas, wrap in a kitchen towel and warm in the microwave for 10 seconds.
5. Take each tortilla, using a pizza cutter, cut into four triangles.
6. Make a paste with 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and water. (This will be used to seal the edges of the samosas)
7. Take the triangle shaped flour tortillas, fold into a triangle cone like demonstrated in the video, spoon a little of the prepared filling into it and close the cone, sealing the edges with the paste. Store in an airtight container with the sealed edge side down, until all the samosas are ready.
8. The samosas can be deep fried in oil until golden brown or baked in the toaster oven at 350 F. To bake, spray both sides of the samosas with butter spray and bake till golden brown.
9. Serve the samosas hot with a cheese dip, guacamole and salsa.
You can make variations in the filling according to your taste and preferences.