- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sammy's Eggplant Salad Recipe
|Cucumber||1 Large, peeled, sliced in half lengthwise, seeded and diced|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, diced|
|Green pepper||1 Large, seeded and diced|
|Spanish onion||1 Large, peeled and diced (White)|
|Lemon||1 , juice|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh garlic||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 226 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 112.8 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.4%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 21.4% Vitamin C 119.9%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. When all the sides are evenly charred, remove the eggplants and allow them to cool.
3. Peel the eggplants, from the top to bottom, and then dice finely. Place the eggplants in a large bowl that has been rubbed with the garlic.
4. Add the cucumber, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, lemon juice, and oil. Mix well.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve at room temperature.