- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sambusa Recipe Video
|For the dough|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (or more)|
|Beef mince||100 Gram|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (deep frying)|
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 369
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.1%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.6 mg
Sodium 865.8 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 39.5% Vitamin C 52.2%
Calcium 14% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and vegetable oil.
2. Add water slowly to the flour mixture and mix well till it forms a ball.
3. Sprinkle flour on the work surface and knead the dough for another 2 minutes till it becomes elastic and soft.
4. Cover and allow the dough to rest till used.
5. In a pan, brown meat on medium heat. Add onions, salt, pepper and turmeric and sauté for 3 more minutes till all are well cooked. Remove pan from heat.
6. Add green onion and parsley. Mix them well with the meat mixture.
7. Transfer into a bowl and allow to cool before use.
8. Using a rolling pin or rolling machine roll the dough into thin sheets.
9. Take a sambusa cutter; place the flattened dough into it.
10. Put a spoonful of filling into it and close it tightly to cut off the dough. Remove the extra edges.
11. Place the sambusa on a plate sprinkle with flour.
12. In a deep pan, heat oil to high. Place the sambusa and fry till golden brown. Flip once in a while to cook evenly.
13. Transfer on a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
14. In a serving platter, serve the sambusa with any dip of choice.