- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Samba Waldorf Salad Recipe
|Bananas||2 , peeled and halved lengthwise, cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|Granny smith apple||1 , cored and diced|
|Lime juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Celery ribs||2 , diced|
|Seedless red grapes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Orange mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Sunrise, Preferably Homemade)|
Calories 1357 Calories from Fat 1003
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.5%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.7 mg
Sodium 788.2 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.1%
Sugars 53.9 g
Protein 11 g21.5%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 171.1%
Calcium 15% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, toss the bananas and apple with the lime juice.
2) Add the pineapple, celery, grapes, and almonds. Toss well.
3) Season with salt and pepper.
4) Gently fold in the mayonnaise, combining thoroughly.
5) Transfer to a decorative plate and serve fresh.