- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salt and Vinegar Kale Chips- How to Make Kale Chips Recipe Video
|Kale||1 Bunch (100 gm) (curly leaves)|
|Distilled white vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
Calories 93 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 175.5 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 153.8% Vitamin C 100%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Wash and dry kale thoroughly. Make sure kale is completely dry.
3. Tear kale from the stem into bite size pieces.
4. Place into a bowl and drizzle with white vinegar.
5. Toss kale to get the leaves coated in vinegar. If you like a strong vinegar taste, add more.
6. Place the kale in a single layer on a piece of parchment paper or tray.
7. Let the vinegar air dry onto the kale.
8. Place the kale back into a bowl and toss with olive oil just until the leaves are lightly coated. Do not saturate with olive oil.
9. Place the kale on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
10. Sprinkle very lightly with salt.
11. Bake for 5 minutes. Check the kale and flip if needed.
12. Bake for another 5 minutes.
13. Remove the kale chips that are already crisp so they don’t burn.
14. The larger Kale chips will more than likely need more cooking time. If so, place them back into the oven and check on them every minute. It should only take 1 or two minutes for the larger ones to crisp up.
15. When done kale should be crispy, browned around the edges with pale green color.
16. In a serving bowl, serve the chips immediately as snacks with drink.