- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salt Mackerel Baked In Cream Recipe
|Salt mackerel||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh mint||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 713 Calories from Fat 457
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.8%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.9 mg
Sodium 32.7 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 46 g91.6%
Vitamin A 23.2% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Add mackerel to cold water and allow to soak for about 10 hours. Change the water twice.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
3. Drain the fish and keep aside.
4. Add paprika and pepper to flour and mix well. Dust mackerel with flour mixture, arrange in a shallow baking dish, greased with butter, top with milk, followed by cream and dot with butter. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Sprinkle mint on top and serve.