- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salt Cod Souffle Recipe
|Salt cod||21 Ounce, filleted, previously soaked for 24 hours (600 Gram)|
|Potatoes||21 Ounce (600 Gram)|
|Double cream||14 Fluid Ounce (400 Milliliter)|
|Butter||4 1⁄4 Ounce (110 Gram)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
Calories 698 Calories from Fat 497
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85.4%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 237.3 mg
Sodium 5832.7 mg243%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 32 g64.5%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 32.7%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Bring some water to the boil and poach the cod fillets for 5 minutes. Drain and remove bones and skin. Put the meat aside.
3. Peel the potatoes and cook them for 20 minutes in salted water (or for 10 minutes in a pressure cooker).
4. Mash the potatoes and chop the cod as finely as possible, or mince in an electric mincer. Separate the eggs. Mix together the mashed potatoes, minced cod, cream, egg yolks, butter, cayenne pepper and nutmeg. Season lightly with pepper. Mix well.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff.
6. Fold the egg whites lightly into the souffle mixture. Butter a souffle dish and fill it three-quarters full. Cook in the oven at 140°C for 15 minutes, then turn the heat up to 200°C (400°F; gas mark 6) and cook for a further 10 minutes. Serve at once.