- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salt Cod Croquettes Recipe
|Salt cod fillet||14 Ounce (400 Grams)|
|Potatoes||14 Ounce (400 Grams)|
|Grated gruyere cheese||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Butter||1 1⁄4 Ounce (30 Grams)|
|Milk||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Grated nutmeg||2 Pinch|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, coarsely chopped|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Ounce (30 Grams)|
|Breadcrumbs||1 1⁄4 Ounce (30 Grams)|
|Frying oil||9 Fluid Ounce (For Deep Frying)|
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159 mg
Sodium 4105.7 mg171.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 42 g84.3%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 34.2%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cook the potatoes for 25 minutes in salted water. Peel them.
3. In a saucepan filled with boiling water, poach the cod fillets for 2 minutes. Drain, remove the bones and skin and mash with a fork. Add the cooked potatoes and mash with the fish.
4. Place the cod mixture, butter, milk and nutmeg in a saucepan over a low heat. Season and mix well with a wooden spoon. Stir and cook until it thickens.
5. Remove from the heat and add the parsley and 1 egg. Mix and taste, adding more salt if necessary. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
6. Place the flour in one dish, a lightly beaten egg in another, and the breadcrumbs in a third.
7. Form the cod mixture into croquettes. Roll them in the flour, then in the egg and lastly in the bredcrumbs.
8. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the croquettes in the hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Drain on absorbent paper and serve with lemon wedges.