- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salsa Dry Mix - Part 1 Recipe Video
|For dry mix:|
|Sweet onion||2 Large, chopped and sliced finely|
|Serrano peppers||50 Gram, chopped finely (or more to taste)|
|Garlic head||1 , peeled|
|Cilantro leaves and stem||1 Bunch (100 gm), washed and dried|
|Salsa dry mix:|
|Sweet onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Serrano peppers||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Jalapeno powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Diced tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, can (unsalted)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 495 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 0.3 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3944.3 mg164.3%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37.1%
Dietary Fiber 21.1 g84.6%
Sugars 55.1 g
Protein 19 g37%
Vitamin A 213.4% Vitamin C 265.5%
Calcium 43.6% Iron 44.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needdehydrating machine
1. In a dehydrating machine with 4 levels or more, start placing the ingredients in the following order from the lowest tray to the top tray - Onions, Serrano peppers, garlic and cilantro leaves.
2. Dehydrate the contents of the trays overnight or until all the ingredients are completely dried.
3. Once done, remove all the trays and set aside.
4. In a spice grinder, add the dried ingredients one at a time and grind them into a fine powder. Remove in a bowl and set aside.
5. In a bowl, add in the freshly ground dehydrated onion powder, garlic powder, cilantro, jalapeno powder, Serrano powder, black pepper, kosher salt. Mix it well using a spoon.
6. In a food processor, pour in the can of diced tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of the above salsa mixture. Blend until smooth
7. Refrigerate the salsa mixture overnight before serving.
8. Serve the salsa with yellow corn chips.
While grinding the dried contents make sure you wear a mask to avoid coughing and sneezing, as the smell from these ingredients are very strong.