- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salsa Chicken and Cheese Tortillas Recipe
|Bottled hot salsa||4 Tablespoon (Use From A Jar)|
|Flour tortillas||2 Large (Seeded Or Plain)|
|Canned kidney beans||215 Gram, drained and roughly mashed|
|Spring onion||1 , chopped|
|Roast chicken||2 Ounce, shredded (Use 50 Gram Leftovers, Use The Last Of The Meat On The Carcass)|
|Grated mature cheddar cheese||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|Coriander leaves||10 Gram, chopped (Use 1/2 Of A 20 Gram Pack)|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (For Brushing)|
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.8 mg
Sodium 667.2 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 19.8% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) On each tortilla, spread 2 tablespoons of salsa.
2) On one tortilla, evenly layer the beans, spring onions, chicken and the cheddar cheese. Top it with a sprinkling of coriander.
3) Place the free tortilla over the layered tortilla. Brush oil over it.
4) Heat a wide non-stick frying pan. Cook the tortilla with the oil-side facing the pan for about 4 minutes.
5) Using a palette knife, carefully turnover the tortilla. Or, you can turn it out onto a plate and then return it to the pan. Cook the other side for 2 minutes till it turns into a golden hue.
6) Remove from heat. Cut the tortilla into wedges and serve.