- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Salsa Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||2 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Canola oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chunky salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange marmalade||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lime juice/Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|All spice powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.2%
Saturated Fat 0.94 g4.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 131.5 mg43.8%
Sodium 682.8 mg28.5%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.29 g1.2%
Sugars 25.1 g
Protein 53 g105%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan heat oil and cook the chicken.
2. In the meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together the rest of the ingredients. Mix all together.
3. Once the chicken is done, drain excess liquid from cooking.
4. Pour the salsa mixture over the chicken. Stir it until the chicken is coated.
5. Bring it to a boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
7. When the chicken if fully cooked and sauce is thick to desired consistency, turn off the heat.
8. In a serving plate, serve the chicken with brown rice or bread.