- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon With Ginger Banana Sauce Recipe
|Canned crushed pineapple||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Ripe banana||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut into chunks (1 In Number)|
|Minced fresh ginger||4 Teaspoon|
|Minced jalapeno||1 Tablespoon (Fresh Ones)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned black beans||30 Ounce, drained, rinsed (2 Cans, 15 Ounce Each)|
|Boneless, skinless salmon fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound (Maximum 1 1/2 Inch Thick)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1821 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 0.48 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 480 mg
Sodium 5656.7 mg235.7%
Total Carbohydrates 224 g74.5%
Dietary Fiber 48.2 g193%
Sugars 77.2 g
Protein 192 g383.9%
Vitamin A 52.6% Vitamin C 242.4%
Calcium 111.6% Iron 47.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a blender or food processor, whirl the 1/4 cup pineapple juice, banana, ginger, chili, and lime juice until
pureed. Scoop into a small bowl.
3. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, stir onion, bell pepper, and oil until vegetables are limp, 3 to 5 minutes. Add crushed pineapple and beans; stir just until hot, about 2 minutes. Cover and keep warm.
4. Rinse salmon and pat dry. Lay fish, skin down, on a sheet of foil. Trim foil to fit salmon.
5. Have barbecue ready with direct heat at hot (see above). Lay foil with salmon on grill. Cook fish until opaque but moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 6 to 8 minutes.
6. Cut salmon into equal portions. Spoon bean mixture equally onto plates; top with salmon and ginger-banana sauce. Add lime juice from wedges and salt to taste.