- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Wellington Recipe
|Kasha/Cracked wheat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Canned red salmon||16 Ounce, drained, boned and flaked (1 Can)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Crescent roll||1 , refrigerated (1 Package)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (As Needed)|
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.9%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 274 mg
Sodium 728.3 mg30.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 41 g81%
Vitamin A 19.8% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375Â°F
2) In a medium bowl, mix together salmon, kasha, sour cream, butter, lemon juice, and salt.
3) Stir the salmon mixture until well mixed.
4) On a clean working board, lightly dust little flour.
5) Spread the crescent dough roll, but do not separate into triangles.
6) Unroll into a 15 x 10-inch rectangle; press dough together at seams.
7) Put the dough on a baking sheet.
8) Place half the salmon mixture in the center of dough, leaving a 1-inch margin on each end.
9) Make a layer of overlapping egg slices down center of filling.
10) Spread the egg slice with remaining salmon mixture.
11) Wrap by bringing up the sides of dough over top of salmon and pinch edges and ends together.
12) Put another baking sheet upside down on top of the roll.
13) Invert both the baking sheet, so roll is on new baking sheet.
14) Take off the top-baking sheet.
15) Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until dough is browned.
16) Slice Salmon Wellington about 1-inch thick and serve with small mixed salad if desired.