- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Teriyaki Recipe
|Salmon steaks/Salmon fillets||2 Pound|
|Soy sauce/Tamari||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1264 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.4%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 471.7 mg
Sodium 8984.8 mg374.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 189 g378.9%
Vitamin A 21.2% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 53.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a shallow dish and arrange salmon fillets, cut into 4 to 6 oz, as a single layer.
2. Take a small bowl, add soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sherry, mix well and pour on the salmon layer. Allow to marinate between 30 minutes to 2 hours.
3. Take out the salmon and arrange in a greased grill with flesh side facing down at a distance of 6 inches from medium hot coals. Allow salmon to be barbecued for 2 mins.
4. Turn to flip side and continue barbecuing for 5 to 8 minutes or till salmon turn completely opaque.
5. Serve hot.
1. The barbecuing time may increase or decrease according to the coal temperature and thickness of salmon.
2. Avoid overcooking the salmon.