- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Tacos Recipe Video
|Salmon filllets||13 Ounce|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs), shredded|
|Red bell pepper||1 , seeded and thinly sliced|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Whole grain tortillas||4 Large|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 716 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.1%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.8 mg
Sodium 635.6 mg26.5%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.8 g51%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 65 g130%
Vitamin A 38.3% Vitamin C 159.5%
Calcium 16.7% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the salmon, preheat the oven to 400 F, line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with wet parchment paper.
2. Using a Microphane grater, remove the zest from the lime and set aside.
3. Wash your hands and cut the salmon into 4-even sized pieces. Place the salmon in the prepared pan. Wash your hands and cutting board really well.
4. Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice over the salmon.
5. Sprinkle the salmon with the chili powder.
6. Bake salmon for 15 minutes, uncovered at 400 degrees F.
7. While the salmon is cooking, make the coleslaw by whisking together the vinegar and oil in a large bowl.
8. Add the cabbage, red pepper, orange, red onion, and reserved grated lime zest. Toss until well combined. Set aside.
9. To assemble each taco, place 1 piece of the salmon on 1 tortilla. Spoon 1 cup of coleslaw over the salmon. Top with 1 tbsp. of chopped avocado, 2 tbsp. cilantro, and a drizzle of hot pepper sauce. Fold or roll up the tortillas and serve.