- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Steaks in Cucumber Sauce Recipe
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pared cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared horseradish||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground red pepper||1 Dash|
|Salmon steaks||2 Pound (4 Steaks)|
Calories 397 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.6%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.8 mg
Sodium 320.1 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 47 g93.5%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare a sauce by combining ingredients such as dairy sour cream, cucumber, sugar, vinegar, horseradish, salt and ground red pepper.
2. Take a 1 ½ -quart glass baking dish and spread the salmon steaks over it in alternating thick and thin ends. Use waxed paper to cover it.
3. Microwave it at High for about 4 minutes. Turn the steaks and rearrange them accordingly. Cook it for another 3-4 minutes at High until the fish comes out easily when tested with a fork.
4. Take it out from oven and allow it to stand covered for about 2 minutes.
5. Serve it with cucumber sauce.