- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Souffle With Cheese Recipe
|Parmesan cheese||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), heated|
|Eggs||2 Small, separated|
|Salmon||2 Ounce, skinned|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Ounce, shredded|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1 Dash|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 195 mg
Sodium 541.6 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 18 g36.2%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 26.4% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Use non-stick cooking spray to spray 2 10-ounce soufflÃ© dishes.
3) Into each dish, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese, coating the sides and bottom. Set aside.
4) Heat the margarine in a small non-stick skillet placed over moderate heat, till it is bubbly.
5) Gradually stir in the flour with the help of a wooden spoon.
6) Constantly stirring, add the milk very gradually and cook till the sauce is smooth and slightly thick.
7) Beat the egg yolks lightly in small bowl.
8) Add some of the sauce and stir well.
9) Pour the egg mixture into the remaining sauce in the skillet very slowly. Keep stirring rapidly to prevent lumping.
10) Add the cheese, salmon, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and paprika.
11) Cook, stirring constantly, till the cheese has melted and the mixture is thick and smooth.
12) Take the skillet off the heat.
13) In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar till stiff peaks form.
14) Into the salmon mixture, fold the beaten whites, 1/3rd at a time.
15) Into each of the prepared soufflÃ© dishes, pour Â½ of the mixture and place on a baking sheet.
16) Bake in the middle of the center rack of the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes, till the soufflÃ©s are golden brown in color.
17) Serve immediately after garnishing with parsley and lemon.