- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Sole Mousse Recipe
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Frozen sole fillets||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Canned salmon||7 3⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Watercress||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Caper mayonnaise||4 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2346 Calories from Fat 1632
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 183 g282.1%
Saturated Fat 72.4 g361.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 682.6 mg
Sodium 4171.1 mg173.8%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.25 g1%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 118 g236.5%
Vitamin A 102.5% Vitamin C 38.2%
Calcium 32.1% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In small saucepan, evenly sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water; let stand 1 minute to soften; stir in reserved poaching liquid. Over medium heat, cook mixture, stirring constantly, until gelatin is completely dissolved.
3. In blender at medium speed or in food processor with knife blade attached, blend sole with any liquid in plate, gelatin mixture, and salt until sole is very smooth. Pour mixture into large bowl; cover and refrigerate until well chilled and almost set, about 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in medium-sized bowl, finely flake drained salmon. Mince enough watercress to make 1/3 cup; place in small bowl. Reserve remaining watercress for garnish.
5. In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat heavy or whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into sole mixture until blended. Fold 1/2 cup sole mixture into flaked salmon. Fold another 1/2 cup sole mixture into minced watercress. Evenly spoon half of remaining sole mixture into 9" by 5" loaf pan; top with salmon mixture, then watercress mixture. Spoon remaining sole mixture on top. Cover and refrigerate until mousse is set, at least 3 hours.
6. Prepare Caper Mayonnaise; cover and refrigerate.
7. To serve, unmold mousse onto cutting board; cut into 10 slices. For each serving, spoon some Caper Mayonnaise onto a small plate; place a slice of mousse on top. Garnish with watercress leaves.