- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Skewers Recipe
|Skinless salmon fillets||2 Pound|
|Olive oil||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 cup / 125 milliliter)|
|Chopped fresh dill/2 teaspoons dried dill||2 Tablespoon|
|Pernod/Other anise flavored liqueur / brandy||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemons||2 , sliced|
|Fresh parsley sprigs/Dill sprigs||2|
Calories 554 Calories from Fat 334
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.9%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.9 mg
Sodium 401.1 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.8%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 46 g91.9%
Vitamin A 18.1% Vitamin C 56%
Calcium 7% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and pat the salmon dry. Cut the salmon into strips that are about 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide and 3 inches (7.5 cm) long.
2. In a large bowl, add the oil, dill, liqueur, salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Add the salmon to the marinade and then allow it to soak in the marinade for 30 minutes. Toss the fish regularly to ensure that it is completely soaked.
4. Prepare a fire in the grill and place an oiled baking tray in the oven 4-6 inches away from the heat.
5. Remove the salmon from the marinade and set the marinade aside till required.
6. Skewer the salmon on to the skewers alternating with the lemon slices. Thread the fish into the skewer so that it passes through the fish two or three times and will not fall off.
7. Arrange the skewers on the rack and brush them with the marinade. Grill the fish for 8-10 minutes.
8. Remove from the grill and serve hot on a warmed plated with chives, dill and lemon wedges.