- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Salad Vinaigrette Recipe
|Skinless salmon fillet/Canned salmon in water, drained||1 Pound|
|Fish stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baby new potatoes||1 Pound, halved if large|
|Cucumber||1 Large, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced|
|Red onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot red pepper sauce||1 Dash|
|Chopped fresh basil/Parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 354 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.5%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.1 mg
Sodium 353.9 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 28 g55.4%
Vitamin A 25.2% Vitamin C 34.8%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place fresh salmon in a colander and rinse well under cold water
2. Make sure to remove any small bones found in the fillets.
3. In a large skillet or kettle, combine the stock with the water and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
If using canned salmon, omit these steps.
4. Add the salmon to the boiling liquid.
5. Cover the skillet, reduce heat and poach the fish for 9 to 10 minutes.
6. Simultaneously, in another pan, bring water to a boil.
7. Add the potatoes and bring to boil.
8. Simmer the potatoes over moderate heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
9. Drain the potatoes, refresh and allow to cool.
10. Remove the poached salmon from the stock using a slotted spoon,
11. Into a large bowl, flake the fish into large chunks, removing any bones if you come across any.
12. To the fish, add the sliced cucumber, and chopped onion and set aside.
13. To prepare the dressing in a small bowl or a jar, combine the oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, hot red pepper sauce, and chopped basil.
14. Whisk with a fork or shake in closed jar until well amalgamated.
15. Pour about 3/4th of the dressing over the fish and vegetables and toss to coat well.
16. Serve the salad at room temperature of chilled, over a bed of potatoes.
17. Drizzle the dressing remaining in the bowl over the salad.